ManyA

Dual Extrusion Support Material

Hi,

I am working with a Makerbot 2X, and I am trying to do a dual extrusion. I want the support material to be printed with the right extruder with HIPS filament, while the main part printed with the left extruder in ABS. I added a process that is specified with the left extruder as the main, then, under the "support" tab, I select the right extruder. In the "temperature" tab I then modify the setpoint temperature of the right extruder. When I upload the .x3g file to the printer, I notice that it is not pre-heating the right extruder, and it starts to print solely with the left. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
JoeJ

Re: Dual Extrusion Support Material

The software already has a profile that is setup to do this type of thing. Just go to the configuration assistant, select Rep2X, then click Edit Process Settings and choose the Replicator 2X (Both Extruders) profile. As the name implies, it is setup to preheat both extruders for any dual extrusion prints that you do. Then you can switch the support extruder to your secondary nozzle and you are ready to go! Used on my Rep2X many times.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”