nerys

Turn off Bridging Angle change

The latest version added an intelligent bridging function where it would bridge "perpendicular" across the gap instead of at the normal "infill angles"

for a lot of bridging this makes sense but for massive open area square bridging this does not work so well.

bridging at 45' starting in a corner and expanding (normal old style bridging) works better in this scenario as the corner is a very tiny bridge and it slowly gets longer and longer and the previous successful strands "assist" the follow on strands to help make them successful.

but the new bridging takes the 100mm gap straight on without starting in a corner so once it fails (usually the first strand) it never recovers.

so how do I tell it not to do that when it does not make sense too?
wirlybird

Re: Turn off Bridging Angle change

Isn't there a setting for defining the bridge angle? Can't look right now but seems I was it.
nerys

yes I found that and it works. it applies to the whole model of course so it "effectively" turns off intelligent bridging (which is actually really nice)

SO a solution (I really wish I could "add process" with a click in the layer preview so I can find my desired layer and click "add process here" and it would split the model their. then I could move up 3 layers and click add process again.

then just alter the settings for that middle process.

but essentially that is what I would need to do . segregate that little section and add a defined bridging angle in order to retain intelligent bridging in the rest of the model.
wirlybird

Good to know. Yea, I guess you can go to preview and go to the layer you want to start on then look at the height at the bottom left of the picture then split and add the process then do the same for where you want it to end then split again so you have three processes then mod the number 2 process.

Manual way but should work.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”