santheunus
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Hello,

Recently i change the motherboad of my Creality Ender 3 for the new silent version called v1.1.5 (with TMC 2208).
Until this change, with no reasons, all my prints fail : The extruder stop working while the print process still continue in "air printing".

I test with old gcode (generated before the motherboard change) and new gcode freshly generated, same issues...
I don't change anything in my S3D profile (it's the basic S3D generated profile from Creality ender 3)
I check the nozzle, the ptfe tube, the extruder himself, all is ok.

For testing, i install Cura and unfortunely it work well and i haven't this trouble.

Help me i dont' want to use Cura !! :?

S3D-Alex
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 am

Can you please post the gcode from Cura that is working for you?

santheunus
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:21 am

Hello,

The file who works with Cura : CE3_unicorn (1).zip

The file who worked with S3D before motherboard change and still fail after v1.1.5 upgrade : unicornbis012.zip
Attachments
unicornbis012.zip
(758.61 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
CE3_unicorn (1).zip
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 108 times

santheunus
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am

I find the solution, it is a bug on the marlin version installed on the new motherboard 1.1.5, i need to flash it.

There is a post here who explain the issues : https://www.reddit.com/r/ender3/comment ... s3d_print/

S3D-Alex
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am

santheunus wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:14 am
I find the solution, it is a bug on the marlin version installed on the new motherboard 1.1.5, i need to flash it.

There is a post here who explain the issues : https://www.reddit.com/r/ender3/comment ... s3d_print/
Thank you for posting an update to this! I am sure it will help other users.

LSzabo1
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:53 am

Hi,

I have a same problem. I changed the motherboard to silent V1.1.5 version, but the extruder stopped. I printing with octoprint. On the motherboard have a Klipper firmware.
Cura is running, but i hate Cura! :?

Can you help me?
Regards!

S3D-Alex
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 am

LSzabo1 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:53 am
Hi,

I have a same problem. I changed the motherboard to silent V1.1.5 version, but the extruder stopped. I printing with octoprint. On the motherboard have a Klipper firmware.
Cura is running, but i hate Cura! :?

Can you help me?
Regards!
Have you looked into the link posted by a fellow user earlier in this thread?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ender3/comment ... s3d_print/

mafracao
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 am

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 pm

It's an issue with the way S3D deals with retraction and linear advance and de new motor drivers of the "silent board".

There is this tutorial (posted above) to upgrade the 1.1.5 board to Marlin 1.1.9 or 1.1.xBugfix, but it won't work if you identify the new drivers as it recommends. At least for me, the issue was fixed only when I installed the new firmware and let the drivers identification as it was, commented on the code. Printer is still silent and works as it did before with S3D generated gcodes, but it doesn't take full advantage of the new drivers (greater resolution).

I hope the S3D devs come with a solution for this, as I would love to be able to "fully" upgrade the firmware as it should be done and still be able to use S3D...

VaNDAL_UK
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 am

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:48 am

I have the same issue with the Creality 1.1.5 Silent board.

Been forced to use the latest Cura and it's a horrible piece of software. Only just about runs on a i7 8th gen gaming laptop. The whole interface is a mess.

S3D can you help with this issue please!!!

S3D-Alex
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Ender 3 - Extruder stop while printing

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:12 am

VaNDAL_UK wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:48 am
I have the same issue with the Creality 1.1.5 Silent board.

Been forced to use the latest Cura and it's a horrible piece of software. Only just about runs on a i7 8th gen gaming laptop. The whole interface is a mess.

S3D can you help with this issue please!!!
We have been testing this internally and although I don't think we still understand fully why the issue is occurring we have managed to avoid the issue by turning off the option labeled "Allow zeroing of extrusion distances (i.e. G92 E0)" or by using Relative Extrusion Distance instead of the usual Absolute values. Both of these options are found in the G-Code tab of the Process Settings.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”