Rocko88

New User Had a Print Quality Question

So i have been 3d printing for years now and i have a Makerbot Replicator+ and a Z18. They print very well and we have them really dialed in. However the Makerbot software has become very buggy and with no user control on where to place support material. They also really are slow fixing major issues such as the new version erasing supports when it updated. So i did some checking around and saw the SImplify3d software and reviews along with videos. I printed this weekend on my Makerbot Replicator+ a part i had recently done with the Makerbot Software. I used the out of the box settings that Simplify suggested with my printer. This is the issues i had. Take a look. I am wondering if i need to change the default extrusion multiplier.
Makerbot Print Ver.jpg
Attachments
Simplify 3d Ver.jpg
greybeard

Re: New User Had a Print Quality Question

Fairly easy to solve - recommend looking at the Quality printing guide... The upshot - dial in the Overlap and Infill settings. Fill-in residual holes/gaps by having nice bottom and top layers.

I make many gears (example images below). I use two processes for gears: One for the teeth and Another for any Hubs/Bosses.
GearTeeth profile attached for PLA but, it's for my machines and my preferred processing parameters. Maybe will give you some ideas of what to change...
Attachments
#1_e3D_GearTeeth_Btm_PLA.fff
(17.18 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
gears.png
gears.jpg
3D Print Parts
https://www.thingiverse.com/Still_Breathing/designs
Rocko88

Re: New User Had a Print Quality Question

Greybeard, thank you for your help and input.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”