atomhub

I cannot connect my Dremel 3D45 with USB.

Hello,

I just bought Simplify3D and wanted to try it with my printer connected to a USB port. I've always printed thru WIFI with the original Dremel software.
I tried to do everything to get the printer recognized by my computer. It sees the printer but it says no driver is installed.
I didn't manage to find the drivers on the internet. Nor they install when I installed the Dremel software.
I am kind of lost even if I know I can use Simplify3D with a USB stick. I really want to connect the both.

Thanks in advance,

Antoine.
eric970

Re: I cannot connect my Dremel 3D45 with USB.

Dremel has not released USB drivers yet. According to support they are waiting for Microsoft to approve the driver - no ETA. I just emailed them again to check on the status. Sort of ridiculous for such an expensive printer. I REALLY hate the lack of USB support was not disclosed on their website. Even the Dremel FAQ suggests USB printing works.

You'll need to use a USB stick plugged in to the FRONT usb port (use the stick that was sent with the printer or follow instructions to correctly format a different USB stick to work properly). You can also use the Dremel Print Cloud (free) to send the files over the internet to the printer (connect printer to wifi or ethernet and follow guide to setup cloud printing). FWIW the Dremel Print Cloud works great. I typically upload the gcode file produced by S3D and I have not had any issues at all - I even use my iPhone or iPad to upload and start prints. Pretty cool.

HTH

Eric
eric970

Just got this from Dremel Support. Bummer.

Hi Eric,
Thank you for your recent contact.

Unfortunately the drivers are not yet available. We are still working with Apple and Microsoft to get to get this resolved. I do not have any type of time frame for when this will happen.
I did add your email to a list I am keeping and will notify you once they become available.

Best Regards,

Jeff Gordon

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
Dremel
Consumer Services
4915 21st Street
Racine WI 53406
phantom48

Hello,
Has this issue been resolved? I have a Dremel 3D40 connected via USB ...USB to hub to tower computer, that is how I upload my jobs to the printer. I believe I upgraded to USB 2.0 but I am not sure. I did not have any problems.

Les
eric970

Does anyone know if this feature is available yet? It's insane Dremel is dragging their feet on this. Frustrating.
Petronius

I don't know if this is relevant to the Dremel (flashforge built) 3D40, but on my 3D20 I have to shut down the 'printmanager' in 'services-administrative services' to send the data by USB. Connection speed is 9600, port as indicated in 'devices and printers' (I don't know how the english version naming)
Nitehawk

Does this problem exist for the 3D20 printer as well. it doesn't even have a Newer usb port only SD card... can not even upgrade the firmware because i can not get it to connect to printer because Bosch has no drivers for windows 10

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”