robertodippolito

CTC Bizer firmware troubleshooting

Hello everyone,

I'm a new Simplify 3D user, so if this question has been already answered somewhere else in the forum, I'll be happy to be pointed to the right thread :-) I could not find it easily yet...

Here my issue: CTC Bizer profile uses the Makerbot firmware with a specific setting for the extruder steps: this defaults to a bit more tha 96 steps per mm. So, what I did is to put in a filament, heat up the extruder and extrude 100mm of filament with the jog control application. Then I measured the effective lenght extruded and I applied the simple formula to calculate the new steps/mm (the formula can be found here: https://3daddict.com/3d-printer-extrude ... ion-steps/ ).

Then I updated the new steps/mm in the firmware settings, exported as a new firmware profile and ensured that the process I am using is linked to the just exported firmware settings with the new steps/mm.

I closed and reloaded S3D to ensure that all the settings are taken up again. Then I did the same experiment and measured again the extruded lenght.

Unfortunately, there was no change. So my question is:
- Is the "Machine Control Panel" taking up the firmware settings or not?
- if not, how can I ensure that the panel can set the machine properly given that the CTC uses x3g codes and not gcodes?

I just want S3D to set the right steps/mm so that it will extrude exactly the amount of filament that is expected.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!
aruba68

Re: CTC Bizer firmware troubleshooting

If I remember correctly, you can set the steps with replicatorg-0040r33 directly on the board.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”