horst.w

Re: Strange printing speed with Simplify3D

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:16 am

buckker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:20 am

I think simplify calculate a wrong amount of material. As a result of this are the artifacts on the outer shell.

some print parameters could be wrong. I accidentally delete some of my profiles and had the create them new (but they aren't tested yet).

Surely NO, the artifacts are caused by your settings.
Start to change step by step , at first Restart Distance NEGATIVE (~ -0,15) and 2nd. step Multiplier to 0,95.
This allows to play with the values to find out optimal settings.

Your print temperature seems to be to high, have a look to Filamentworld.de, they have recommended : PETG Drucktemperatur zwischen 195 – 225 °C.
To high temperature cause low viscosity of the filament, so that material is coming out of the nozzle without pressure by the extruder.

Stop Coast and Wipe; this settings are fine tuning but you have to find out first the base settings.

H.

buckker

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi Horst

Maybe I have to say, that I normally have very good printing results. Also no stringing with PETG. I have to increase the hotend temperature after changing to a full metal nozzle. So, I don't believe that my printing paremeters are that wrong. 3D jake recommends 230 to 250° for their PETG, Extrudr up to 230°

Why set the restart distance to negative values? To my understanding it result to underextrusion? I thought a small positive value to compensate oozing is normal.

BTW, i found out that the way how a CAD model is created and translated to a stl has a big impact to my problem. Those parts looks the same, but the way how I created them is different. Seems to be a problem in some cases...
Attachments
Vergleich_2.jpg
Vergleich_1.jpg

horst.w

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Generally a positive restart distance doesn't avoid oozing, it produce oozing. Compensation may be possible by using Coast and wipe and a high rate of Multiplier. But this parameters must be balanced very very well, based on best standard settings.
Don't put the cart before the horse.
Fact is that you have a very bad print quality and that must have a reason (or a lot of ...). A single extrusion wall has very special conditions, because there is no clearance to adjust anything. Even minimal issues are visible.

If you won't follow my advice, its ok. Swim or sink.

H.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”