tobyCwood

A serious problem for Tooklchangers

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:28 pm

I could not for the life of me figure this out... until I did.

I have learned that to get S3D to do the "Additions" and Infill and supports properly across multiple tools I had to put all four extruders/tools in the Extruder list. As such it seems to work OK.

BUT!!!

Every now and then I would get the tool change grabbing the wrong tool at the beginning of the print, it would heat up, then uncouple & drop the tool. Looking at the gcode for the file S3d had inserted commands to select and heat up the incorrect tool, BEFORE my start gcode. ??????
"
G90
M83
M106 S0
M140 S60
M190 S60
M104 S235 T3
M109 S235 T3

G28 ; home all axes (This is my start gcode)
T-1
G29 S1
; process Process1

It took me a bit to figure it out. Probably because every now and then my starting tool happened to be the last in the list...
It seems the last selected tool in the extruder list followed immediately by the user selecting OK will be inserted like this before the start gcode. AND for some REAL BONEHEADED REASON... it ALWAYS defaults to the last tool in the extruder list rather then maintaining the user selected Tool. S3D maintains the selection when switching advanced tabs, but after the user selects OK then returns to look into the processs the selection DEFAULTS to the last item in the list thereby CHANGING THE SELECTION.

You may want to FIX THIS!

tobyCwood

Re: A serious problem for Tooklchangers

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:28 pm

I went back and tried again.
This issue is even worse than I thought. It now looks as though S3D randomly picks which tool to select and heatup before the start gcode. No rhyme or reason behind it.

But I really gotta ask...
WHY THE HECK IS IT STICKING IN THE M104 and M109 COMMANDS BEFORE THE START GCODE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!?!?!?!?

At this point in time SOOOOOOO much is WRONG with this SW that I am afraid the community must all communicate and as a group make it clear that Simplify3D is just not worth the cost any longer.
No bug fixes. No updates. No growing in features. THIS THING IS FALLOW.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”