kaan

Hangs on the preview at a complex model

I have a model that computes to 100k+ lines

It used to preview without issues, however suddenly, after the preview is shown, it started freezing / overloading the CPU

So what worked before, stopped working

Any ideas?

I've tried restarting Simplify 3D, playing with the options, however no change at all, other models work
JoeJ

Re: Hangs on the preview at a complex model

Sounds like a resource issue to me. You can post the file and have other try to preview it.

You might also want to look at updating your graphics card drivers in case you are using an old version.

When you say "playing with the option", what changes did you actually try? For example, if you go to Tools --> Options and then click on the Visualization tab, you can switch to the Low detail preview mode and enable the "Legacy graphics.." option. Both of those sounds like they might help you out in this case.
kaan

Thanks for the suggestions, I've already try modifying the settings, I'm currently updating the nvidia drivers, but I don't think it's a resource issue, because the same model rendered 10s of times before

It's an old laptop, but should have nvidia 7600 or 8600

I'm also attaching the model

Thanks in Advance (and hi to all, forgot to say hi on my first post :)
Attachments
bonsai_under-pot.stl
(116 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
JoeJ

Renders fine for me, so it looks like it might be something specific to your driver or graphics card...
tri-lite

Nice Bonsai drainage pot! It sliced and rendered fine on my laptop too. I processed it with supports and without supports. It took longer to slice with supports (10 seconds vs 45 seconds maybe?) than without supports, but both seem to be fine.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 3.36.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 3.38.22 PM.png
jimc

kaan, if you are using support then go into your support settings and double check the support pillar resolution. be sure is maybe 2-4mm. if that is very low it can really cause things to hang because the support grid is so fine.
kaan

Hi all :)

Thanks for the compliment tri-lite, I've improved it a bit since then to be easier to print and managed to print it to perfection with PLA after many trials and errors at different scales

I will try that jimc, it sounds logical, as the issue started suddenly, it might have happened after a setting I've changed

I haven't re-tested rendering the pot yet, just got back to Simplify 3D, however other things, some complex, were rendering without issues

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”