Sbstudios

Warping issue

Hello Everyone!

I am having issues with Warping and I cannot any of the models I am printing to stay flat.

Here is a picture of the issue:
IMG_1162.jpg
And the FFF:
Iverntech D1 Delta Kossel Large Props .fff
(12.22 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
I've been working at it for a few days now as this print takes 12 hours. To me, it seems like the model shrinks as the extruder gets higher. I have followed the quality guide, and added a skirt/Brim, and I added a fairly thick raft. For some reason, its still pulling up.

There is some major improvement, but its still not resolved.

Any input on how to fix this, would be greatly appreciated.
zemlin

Re: Warping issue

Looks like you're printing on a raft. Reduce the separation distance to improve the bond between the print and the raft.
Sbstudios

Thank you for the input! I am currently attempting another print, but I will give it a go as soon as I am done with this one, and I will report back.
Ret

@Sbstudios

You have quite a lot of other issues going on with your print besides just warping. You seem to be having retraction, extrusion and temperature issues.

Most of what I'm seeing can be pinpointed and worked out with S3D's comprehensive troubleshooting guide:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/
Sbstudios

It seems like the issue is not adhering to the build plate at those corners.

This is the raft after the last print:
IMG_1168.jpg
To my inexperienced eye, it seems like the raft is pulling up on those corners as well. I don't believe at this point, that its anything to do with the separation layer.

I also started a new print and I'm letting it run for now because the physical piece its printing seems to be coming out okay. However, after a short way into the print, the edge of the raft pulled up. As of now the piece seems to be uneffected:
IMG_1167.jpg
I raised the temp of the heated bed per the Printing Quality Guide: not Sticking to the Bed.

As well as changed my infill to the "Full Honeycomb" as it is a preference.

Here is my FFF now:
Iverntech D1 Delta Kossel Large Props .fff
(12.23 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Sbstudios

Ret wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:59 am @Sbstudios

You have quite a lot of other issues going on with your print besides just warping. You seem to be having retraction, extrusion and temperature issues.

Most of what I'm seeing can be pinpointed and worked out with S3D's comprehensive troubleshooting guide:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/
To be honest, I've been trying to do that troubleshooting guide this whole time. I generally prefer to handle these types of things on my own, so naturally that's where I stopped first. Coming to a community like this is pretty much a last resort sort of thing.

I've tried everything in the guide that I can think of reducing and increasing the settings of everything in relation to retraction, extraction temperature and adhesion, and it still pops out like that. Is there anything in the troubleshooting guide specifically that I might have overlooked?

Thanks
zemlin

What material are you using?
Sbstudios

zemlin wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:04 am What material are you using?
Inland "Premium PLA" White. According to the sticker on the side of the box (Image would not upload) its "PLA+" 1.75mm Print Temp 205-225C

3D Print filament that I use, except mine is "white", not "Natural".
Attachments
IMG_1169.jpg
zemlin

Looks like things are running too hot. I run PLA with all the cooling I can get on the part, doors open on the printer (mine is enclosed) and top removed - mine is also in the garage so the ambient temp is low during the winter. You might try a fan blowing at the machine to help. I don't run much PLA, but that's my thought from all the wavy edges.
Sbstudios

I'll give it a try and see what happens!

Thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”