RoboDLC

When using multiple processes, temperature settings are ignored

Windows 10 Home
S3D 4.1.2
RepRap using Marlin 1.1.8 firmware configured for two extruders, one nozzle.
Cyclops dual-filament, single nozzle

This combo works awesome, no need for any custom scripts.
But
If I have a model, where 2/3 of the way up I switch from extruder 1 to extruder 0, the extruder temperature does not switch. It stays at the initial temperature for the whole build.

I looked at the g-code, and see this:
; layer 2, Z = 0.57
M106 S211
M104 S210 T0
But either this never gets sent, or my firmware is ignoring it. Which seems odd, because if I am using a two process dual filament with a two-color print which changes temperature, and that works fine. Only when I am using two processes where I have set one process to stop at 30mm and the other process to start at 30mm does this problem manifest.

*EDITS 1 and 2*
Even using a Layer Change Script doesn't work.
{if [current_z_position]=2}M104 S210 T0
{if [current_z_position]=2}M117 New Temp.

Never executed. Hmm, should that have been [current_z_position]>0.5
Tried this too, didn't happen.

Wait a minute! I see that exact script in the g-code. Firmware does not execute conditionals! The script was just put into the g-code instead of the commands I wanted put there, the script was not recognized. Weird. My dual extruder conditional script (in another project) did not get dumped into the g-code, only the commands that the conditional stated were put in the g-code. What is going on here?

*EDIT 3*
Found the problem. Because I set the "Extruder 2 only" in process 1, and I only have extruder 0 defined in the temperature tab, the temperature change does not get sent/recognized. Only one temperature extruder works fine in the dual-extruder wizard for models defined because that uses "Both Extruders". I had to define a second temperature extruder, one for extruder 2, to get the temperature to switch.

Solved
DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”