NWRobotics

First Layer Issues

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:42 pm

I have been printing with a FF Dreamer for years, and I just got a new FF Guider IIs, and I am having issues with the first layer. I have gone through the troubleshooting guide and tried everything I possibly can to fix the issue, however, it still persists. The first layer and few layers after appear to be under extruding and just in general printing really thin, and there are gaps everywhere. The things I tried adjusting were increasing the extrusion multiplier from 0.9 to 1, increasing the first layer height from 100 to 200%, increasing the first layer width from 100 to 120%, decreasing the first layer speed from 50 to 35%, decreasing the z-axis global g-code offset by -0.05mm, and increasing the outline overlap to 20%, but nothing fixed the issue. The closest I came was with the increased layer height, but I would not like to do that if I don't have to. With increasing the extrusion multiplier to 1, the second layer and above was good, but the first layer is still really bad. I have leveled the bed numerous times, in addition to calibrating the height before leveling. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for the help. The image below is of default settings in S3D.
IMG_8268.jpeg

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”