caymangone

Flashforge Creator Max - S3D Issues

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 pm

I just purchased the new Flashforge Creator Max but I'm having problems getting S3D to work with it. I selected the Creator Pro during the configuration since I understood that the Max is the evolution of that printer. But when I create the print file, then run it in the printer, the printer makes grinding noises and starts making the print movements well above the plate and no extrusion is taking place. When comparing the file extensions on the print files, one created with the slicer that came with the printer and the file created with S3D, I noticed the Flashforge print file extension ended with .gx, while the S3D file extension is the .x3g. At any rate, what am I missing? What is the correct settings? Firmware type? I see where at least one other person is using S3D with the Creator Max with some success. Thanks!

caymangone

Re: Flashforge Creator Max - S3D Issues

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Apparently I'm the first to try use this new printer with Simplify3D (crickets)…….

caymangone

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:20 pm

So after playing with it, I discovered the FlashForge Dreamer printer profile works. No thanks to Simplify3D support after submitting three inquiries. :roll:

dkightley

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:18 pm

I do hope you were learning what settings do as you made adjustments.....rather than using the "poke and hope" technique. ;) ;) ;)
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

caymangone

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:48 pm

dkightley wrote: I do hope you were learning what settings do as you made adjustments.....rather than using the "poke and hope" technique. ;) ;) ;)
Well after no responses from this group and a total lack of support or communication from the company I just paid $150 for their software after three requests made to them in the last 2 weeks, "poke and hope" is about all one can do . :roll: And yes, I saved the settings that resulted from my poking and hoping.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”