Parelius

MP Voxel issues - Not happy at all with this expensive software

Seems like the website promised more then they could deliver... although i hope im wrong.

Just got a MP Voxel 3d printer and checked on the website and yes! its supported.

I bite the bullet and spend 150 USD and find out that it does not have a profile.
I select the Adventurer 3 profile, then I find out that I cant print over network or cant find out how to export to .gx format since my idiot printer doesnt seem to understand .g format.

Is the MP Voxel supported as they say or did I just spent 150 bucks on software that I cant use?
Ret

Re: MP Voxel issues - Not happy at all with this expensive software

I've heard people have got it to work. Piggy back off another profile or click "other" and create your own.

"Try it for a full two weeks!
If you don’t love the software, return it for a full refund."
PicoTreed

Hi,
why still bothering about Slicers-Printers compatibility?
If your FFF printer can read standard G-code you are able to use the desired generic slicer!

Do yourself a favor and start trying to go deep inside things, because FFF printers are not household appliances.
For example you don't need to manually rename extension, about that you just have to put the following code into the Scripts (tab) > Additional terminal commands for post processing:

Code: Select all

{EXTENSION "gx"}
Happy printing!
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
arhi

Parelius wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:25 pm Is the MP Voxel supported as they say
ping them directly using "support" channel https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/
forum is community mostly and very rarely they write here
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
SuicideRevolver

Same as OP. Pretty shameful to advertise it and then not have it as a supported option in the startup wizard.

I do blame the printer for half these issues though. It doesn't seem to register itself on USB in any sane way and only uses its usb port to look for external hard drives (ie I don't think it'll ever work with things like OctoPi, or Simplify's print through USB feature, but maybe they'll figure it out).

MP voxels gcode fine are a little whacky or I'm getting my settings wrong. The gx files allegedly have some magic header. Renaming the files to .gx and importing into Flashprint-MP utility, which seems to be the only thing that'll talk to my printer over WiFi, visualizes a model that's off the plate, even though I'm certain the plate sizing settings are correct.

Hopefully support gets back to me with something, as it is a very high quality slicer, and I very much would like to not return it or buy a different printer.
SuicideRevolver

Final rundown for people arriving from a Google search, as I did. Mods don't seem to allow the posting of fff files, so I can't upload mine.

However, support will get you a Monoprice Voxel PLA profile if you ask. I made the following tweaks to get the fine (0.1mm) working.

You WILL need to change the extension from g to gx in the output script section or the printer will refuse to print.
I changed infill to full hex because of preference.
I changed the base layer thickness to 200% from 90% (which is an odd choice for them to have made).
I changed the layer 1 and onward temp to 210 from 190.
Most importantly, I changed the retraction settings to 40mm at 6mm/s to eliminate fuzz.

It's a nice combo in the end. Only way I can manage to get it printing is by transferring via usb drive (Flashprint MP refuses to load gx files made by simplify, direct connect from Simplify doesn't have a port option, and I think their Wifi stuff is proprietary). But it prints glass quality.

Really really pleased with the end result.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”