slamzee

duplicate models not printing

Hi,

I installed the new 2.1.2 version, and now if I duplicate a model after importing it, the new copies do not show in the print preview, nor do they print. I can work around this -

For example I want 4 copies of a part -

Using simplify3 I make 4 copies of the object - which now shows 5 total on the platform.

I remove the orginal model.

Now it previews with 4 piece, and prints fine.
jimc

Re: duplicate models not printing

Hi, you need to choose the models you want the process applied to. At the bottom of the first process tab there is a button "select models". Click that and choose the models to apply the process to.
tmorris9

I had this issue as well.

May I suggest that you make it something more obvious or make it select all by default so that if you don't want to slice you can then de-select them.
PrCTRL

I found, that individual Prints working only If an "max height clearance" is defined (in the "Select Process" window )
if it is 0 or not "appropriate" you will get a layer by layer slice for all Parts...

regards
Gerhard
slamzee

I also thought this was a bug. Needs to be a better way. I would assume normally anything on the "plate" would print.
msmollin

Google landed me here because I also thought this was a bug. Has anyone contacted support about this? My issue is, regardless of workflow, not even the documentation mentions the step that jimc pointed out above.

http://www.simplify3d.com/support/tutor ... ur-models/ doesn't mention this at all.

http://www.simplify3d.com/support/tutor ... -printing/ mentions selecting the models, but it's having you add a new process, and doesn't mention that this step won't happen if you already have a process added.

I do agree though, it would be straightforward to have the software check to see if there's a process already added and attached to the model, and to just duplicate that attachment step for the duplicated models. If they're worried that that "automates things too much" they could add an alert prompt informing the user that has happened (and for UX sake, put a checkbox option to not show that again).

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”