CCoen

Perimeters Not Bonding Together

I just recently got simplified 3d and iv started dialing in my settings but one thing I cant figure out is that the perimeters arnt bonding, Iv tried increasing the infill overlap and the outline overlap settings and that doesn't change anything. In the test model im using its printed as all walls and so there is no spot thats not just a outline. Iv read that increasing the extrusion multiplier works but iv gone up to 1.75 and still there are gaps, and I dont think it should ever have a need to be that high. Other than that the prints are coming out fine so i dont think its under-extrusion. What can I do to fix this, when I was using cura I had this problem before but i just used ironing and that fixed it but with S3d there isnt a ironing or neosanding option.

Any comments are appriciated.
PicoTreed

Re: Perimeters Not Bonding Together

Hi CCoen,
please post here your factory files in order to let us help you!
Luke.

(Also try to write in a more intelligible way, thank you.)
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
CCoen

This is the FFF profile iv been using. Its a little modified version of the CR-10 Elkins-LeGrand Beta 4 profile that I found on the cr-10 Facebook Page.
CR-10.fff
(12.97 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
PicoTreed

Hi,
in the posted fff profile I can see high values set for a lot of parameters (for ex. estrusion, speeds, minimum lenghts, ecc.), and there are to much things that can be wrong in the hardware-print chain.

So I suggest you to:
  • First ensure to proper calibrate your extruder steps per mm (a firmware operation.)
  • Create from scratch a new print profile for one material and calibrate the Extrusion Multiplier value (in S3D) by printing the well-know hollow cube test.
  • Continue on the same hollow cube the tests in order to find the best settings that ensure proper wall-wall and wall-infill bonding.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
Trigger82

I had this same issue when I started using S3D after coming from Cura. Not sure if its yours though

My problem was fixed in the advanced tab, Thin wall behaviour. Set External wall to "allow single extrusion walls"

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”