nerys

Multiprocess Instructions ignored on subsequent processes?

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:45 pm

I am printing 4 fins. 2 processes per fin. I require a top layer at the top of the first vase mode process in order to support the subsequent non vase mode layers.

Instructions to include a top layer are summarily ignored by simplify3D this is a bug (from what I gather a designed to be their bug?? IE not following instructions not sure why easy enough to work around the flaw)

I get around this by using the "add solid diaghram every layer" option under the infill tab. its a pain in the butt to use as it requires a layer and this is only really available in slice preview :-) . in this case at layer 240.

this works for the first set of processes. I get my solid layer at 240 (REALLY need a "insert solid layer here" button in the preview screen)

anyway I duplicated the set of processes and set them each for their own fin so I can print 4 at once sequentially.

problem is the insert solid layer command is ignored for fins 2 3 and 4. they do not get their solid layer even though the command is their in the slice settings. its slices them sequentially as its supposed to I don't see any obvious issues except my solid layer is missing from fins 2-4

suggestions? I know the software can handle this option being enable in processes other than the first one (I have another file with 5 parts and I need a solid layer at 512 on the 5th part and it slices fine.

is this a bug somewhere or do I have some setting selected that is voiding the option for some reason?

any help greatly appreciated. FACTORY file attached.
Attachments
SAR Rocket Fins.factory
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”