joesoap583

Filament stops feeding for unknown reason

I have a new printer, an Eryone Thinker S. It has been working well, but in recent days the flow of filament stops part way thru a print - it's as though an M18 E has been issued. This seems to be repeatable, the flow stops part way thru the first layer in the same place.

Issuing an M17 E doesn't re-enable the feed, but starting the job again does - it will start feeding and then fail again in the same spot. Once it stops I can't feed filament manually.

I can't for the life of me understand why this is happening. If it was caused by filament jam causing the E0 circuit to fail I would expect that to be random, and it isn't, it fails every time in the same place. All other steppers continue to work, it's just the E0 which stops responding.

I'd be grateful for any comments.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
horst.w

Re: Filament stops feeding for unknown reason

M17 , M18 means to enable or to disable extruder motors:

https://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M17:_Ena ... per_motors

I have never seen these commands in my gcodes, only the ending script but it contains M84 .
If you attache a factory-files from a print when it happens, someone can look into

horst.w
GER
joesoap583

Re: Filament stops feeding for unknown reason

This problem is resolved. Caused by questionable firmware which for unknown reason stopped feeding filament after a set period. Replaced the firmware and the problem went away.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”