James-Hydra

Inside walls rough but outside perfect

I am hoping someone can help with a little problem. As you can see from the photos, the outside of this soap box dispenser, which is printed at 0.32 layer height, is perfect, but the inside is a bloody mess (except one thin line all the way around where the screw hole is). Can anyone help explain this? And what is causing these 2 lines on each side of the front? One side starts at the bottom then stops at the bottom of the screw hole, the other side starts at the top of the screw hole and continues up?? (I assume using random start points will fix those) I am printing at the usual 220 degrees, bed 60, speed 40mms, 100% Fan. I have added photos of my settings I think are responsible. I can add any other tabs you like.....just ask. Can't anyone help?
Attachments
Advanced.png
IMG_2531-2.jpg
IMG_2528-2.jpg
Last edited by James-Hydra on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
James-Hydra

Re: Inside walls rough but outside perfect

It won't let me post more photos. Just ask about settings.
Attachments
Extruder.png
James-Hydra

Here is another.
Attachments
Layer.png
James-Hydra

Now, after 3 days, 83 people have seen this post, yet no-one knows how to help?!?!? Maybe a photo of the attempted print will help. Here it is. maybe now people can understand and help explain why the outside walls are perfect, but the inside walls are a mess. I have tried printing with 5 walls to make it solid, 3 walls and 20% infill, even no infill, but it's always the same. I have tried lowering the fan speed to 50%, but no change. I know it can print the inside perfectly because at the level of the screw hole, you can see in the photo, there is a strip of perfect printing on the inside, but why is the rest a mess?
Attachments
Attempted Print.png
Attempted Print.png (90.69 KiB) Viewed 3896 times
Last edited by James-Hydra on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
James-Hydra

Here is the printer, with an E3D hotend and fang fan duct, but I don't think it's a hardware issue because of the strip of perfect printing at the hole level.
Attachments
Tevo 1.jpg

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”