clarkjohnken

New Guy Noob

I am Marcus out of the DFW area. Currently working in my Engineering Manufacture Degree. Ive been working in AutoCAD models for about 2 years now.

Got my first 3d printer given to me. Its a Makerbot Replicator 2 that was giving to me.

I've looked over a few tips and tricks on the support form. Talked to a few people I know who do 3d printing. Im having a issue with the printer. I do a lot of smaller fine detailed close tolerance parts. Im not too sure whats wrong with it. I have a hobby shop with a MK3 printer and the parts come out very nice.

I really could use someones help, I can post the process file and .stl
S3D-Alex

Re: New Guy Noob

I would be happy to take a look and I am sure there are many other users that have valuable advice. Could you please post a Factory File? You can export one by going to File > Save Factory File As.
dkightley

Hi Marcus.

You have a very good printer there. It might be 7 years or so old....but its a rock-solid piece of kit!

Try this factory file and see if it prints okay.

You may have to adjust the global-Z offset if you don't get adhesion to the bed...

Do report back on how you get on...…...
Attachments
SC23.factory
(18.46 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
rarega

dkightley wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:14 am Hi Marcus.

You have a very good printer there. It might be 7 years or so old....but its a rock-solid piece of kit!

Try this factory file and see if it prints okay.

You may have to adjust the global-Z offset if you don't get adhesion to the bed...

Do report back on how you get on...…...
It's suited perfect to ours replicator 2. My gratitude, it's save me a couple of hours on setup. How can I thank you?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”