xerleh

DUAL EXTRUSION WIZARD CAUSES S3D TO CRASH.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm

I have run the dual extrusion wizard for months on my bibo without a problem. Now when I click on it, it runs for 5 seconds and says s3d has quit working. Searching for a reason. I only have 2 stls loaded and no profile has been chosen. I have deleted everything with the unistall and chosen to delete everything and restarted the computer S3d loads and shows me the model i had on the table when I uninstalled it. I have downloaded the new download to a new folder so as not to use the old folder with the original download. I have not added anything to my windows. I am running W8.

horst.w

Re: DUAL EXTRUSION WIZARD CAUSES S3D TO CRASH.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:03 am

Surely not the same problems but try it out:

I.
Re: Simplify Immediately Crashes when Opened
Report this postQuote
Mon May 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Can you please try opening Windows Explorer and navigating to the following directory:

C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Simplify3D/S3D-Software

You may need to enable hidden folders to access this directory. Once there, please try deleting the savedState.factory file, then opening Simplify3D again. Please let me know if this works for you.
BigOttosan

II.
Re: Windows updated now software won't open
Report this postQuote
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Can you please try the following steps?

Open a Windows Explorer window.
In the current file path bar type in %temp% and press enter
In the same bar click local (this takes you back a single step in the folder hierarchy)
Navigate into Simplify3D folder and then S3D-Software folder
Delete the file titled "savedState.factory"

Good luck!
horst.w
GER

PS: I've installed former versions and opening one of it (e.g. 4.0) it shows always the last starting-window. That is standard.

xerleh

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:35 pm

deleted the savedstate.factory file and same thing happens. Here is a video clip. Any other suggestions welcome.
Attachments
z Simplify 3d error.mp4
(721.38 KiB) Downloaded 375 times

S3D-Alex

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:04 pm

Could you post the crash log that is generated from the software? This will help in identifying what may be causing the issue.

If you have not done this before, the following link explains how to retrieve the crash log from Windows: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-co ... o?id=10449

horst.w

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi,
on Monday I had also a similar crash (not clear why), but S3D didn't launch anymore.
Restarting the computer, deleting S3D from the task manager (3 and 4 instances of S3D at the same time ) , nothing could help.

Than, folowing aa advice from the forum here, I searched for the file "savedstate.factory" and deleted it.
The program has started now by clicking one of my standard material-factorys and it runs without failures.

horst.w
GER

horst.w

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:22 am

Never ending story and daily horror??

Same occurrence on Monday. BUT program closed regularly and shutdown the computer .
Next day starting the computer (Win 10 - Upgrade from Win 7), ok, all is running except S3D. It didn't start but in the Task-Manager it was listed.
Deleting of the SaveState.Factory didn't help, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the program another time . Same show as before, S3D didn't start.
While looking for a download of CURA 30 minutes later, the S3D-screen flashed up and the program worked the whole day without any failures .

What is going on there ??????

horst.w
GER

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”