jaymcd

Hotend intermittently resetting temp during print

Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi,, This is new and has now happened on two different printers in different locations, I sliced the stl I downloaded from Thingiverse with Simplify3d. When I print it ( once from USB and the other time from SD card ), weird things happen. The hot end temp seems to get reset at random times. it looks like it resets to like 4 or 5 degrees. One my MPIIp, this caused a massive failure and PETG blob on my hotend. On my Flsun QQ, once it caused the print to pause mid print. Luckily I was watching. I resliced the file and now watching the temp on the display go from 205 to 4 or 5 at random times. I checked the gcode and it only has the one M109 command setting.... ???? The last resliced print is currently still going at about 29% but I am concerned that the resets will cause the extruder to get jammed up. Any thoughts on what would do this ?. If they were both from an SD card, I might think the card was corrupt but one issue was printing from USB directly from Simplify3d ( 4.1.2). Is is possible that an STL is corrupt - causing a downstream issue with the Gcode ?

EDIT: Just re-slicer with Cura 4.6.1 and no problems. No temp fluctuations anywhere in the print. Works fine. Same printer, same STL file, same settings. ??? Is it possible Simplify is adding stuff or corrupting the Gcode. .... ????

S3D-Alex

Re: Hotend intermittently resetting temp during print

Mon May 18, 2020 1:23 pm

There is no reason I can think of that the printer would change temperatures at all without a gcode command instructing it to do so. Occassionally some machines may have a cooldown feature set in the Firmware where the bed will start to cool after a certain percentage of the print is complete but that does not sound like the case here.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”