Cormin

Printer isnt centered

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:47 pm

This is my first time using this software. But I can't seem to get my printer centered correctly. In the software the object is centered but when printing its off to the top right a lot. In the picture it made the perimeter of a rounded edge square. Also on a side note I cant seem to get my HBP to preheat when it starts printing, I have to manually do it from the control center. I'm not sure which temperature identifier it is.

JoeJ

Re: Printer isnt centered

Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:12 am

Go to Help --> Config Assistant and choose Rep 2X. That should get the bed heating and center the print

Cormin

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:17 am

JoeJ wrote:Go to Help --> Config Assistant and choose Rep 2X. That should get the bed heating and center the print
I only have a 2. Not 2x, select 2 then?

Cormin

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:25 am

JoeJ wrote:Go to Help --> Config Assistant and choose Rep 2X. That should get the bed heating and center the print

I did that and it still does the exact same thing. Puts a pile of goop in the center then starts building in the corner.

JoeJ

Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:05 am

Within S3D, is your XYZ origin centered in the middle of the build table?

Are you using stock firmware or did you install Sailfish? If you're using sailfish, you might need to make sure you correctly updated your offsets after the install

AndersE

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Should be interesting to know the answer to this. It seems to be almost same problem i have, and asked for in another thread.

Billzilla

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:25 pm

I just got S3D software last night to work with my Flashforge printer as the software that comes with it isn't very friendly.
I have the same problem, using S3D it shows the model in the centre of the platform but starts to print off the side.

Billzilla

Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 pm

Minor update - I made sure that it was using the LH nozzle (I have removed the RH one to stop it dragging across the print) and also moved the print way over to the left-hand end of the platform so hopefully if there was some kind of offset problem it'd end up kinda near the middle.
But it still tried to print off the right-hand end of the platform. :(

Cormin

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Mine still does it. I just manually do offsets to each individual model now and just guess where the center would be. It's usually somewhat close. It still does the pile of goop in the center for some reason so I need to quickly cut it off the plate before it tries to print over it.

KeyboardWarrior

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Cormin wrote:Mine still does it. I just manually do offsets to each individual model now and just guess where the center would be. It's usually somewhat close. It still does the pile of goop in the center for some reason so I need to quickly cut it off the plate before it tries to print over it.
Are you using the stock firmware or Sailfish?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”