lazymaniac

Strange wall slicing - how to turn it off?

Hi,

I have this strange inner walls in s-curve shape. When I slice with Cura no such walls appears. I want to turn it off because it's slowing my prints and add a lot of vibrations to process. I was playing with thin wall behavior, number of layers but no result.

Do you know how to get rid of this?

Thanks for help!
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2020-05-28 o 07.53.50.png
dkightley

Re: Strange wall slicing - how to turn it off?

Increase number of perimeter shells and reduce bottom layers.

This effect is due to the slicer resolving the specified number of bottom layers where there is a sloping downward facing surface.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
zemlin

Capture.JPG
Consider a top or bottom surface with a very shallow angle as shown above. I have the slicer is set to 4 top layers. If the band of solid infill was not added below the perimeters the number of top layers would be only 1 or 2. That's the same thing you're seeing. The angled face with the number of perimeters is not resulting in the number of solid bottom layers you have called out, so additional solid infill is being added to make up for the angle. You could turn that off completely by setting your bottom layers to zero. If you want to have bottom layers, create two processes - one that prints for only the number of bottom layers you want - then a second that starts printing with zero bottom layers.
lazymaniac

Thank you, it's clear for me now why slicer acts like this. I will use both methods :)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”