I have tried numerous forums and searched for days to try to solve this so I hope someone here can help.
First, I love the capabilities of S3D. I have had moderate success printing on my FF Inventor over USB. However, I do occasionally get an error in the print that causes the entire thing to abort. If this happens a few minutes in, no big deal, I just restart and it's usually fine. Now that I have run into this problem more than once after an hour on an 8+ hour print, I started looking for other solutions.
I have read a lot of comments where people say "USB is unreliable, print from the SD card" which would be fine if I could figure out the proper way to configure S3D to save to SD for the *INVENTOR* and not the FF Dreamer. There is another thread on here that points out the obvious that the Inventor uses .G or .GX extension and not .X3G but I haven't been able to locate any clue as to how to properly save as .G or .GX to be able to load this to my machine.
Just renaming the files does not work - some instances cause errors and some crash the machine and cause it to restart.
I love using S3D but I am at the end of my rope...