Statue

Stopping/starting mid-print

Hello All:

I have a TronXY XY-2 Pro - a friend recommended Simplify3D and I wanted to give it a try. Everything works fine until I try to print - it prints for about 9 seconds, then stops for about 3 seconds, then this repeats throughout the print, ruining it. You hear the fan also stop whenever the print stops. If I turn on verbose logging, there's nothing unusual there - it also stops and starts. How do I fix this?

Lance
jane477

Re: Stopping/starting mid-print

Hello All:

I have a TronXY XY-2 Pro - a friend recommended Simplify3D and I wanted to give it a try. Everything works fine until I try to print - it prints for about 9 seconds, then stops for about 3 seconds, then this repeats throughout the print, ruining it how to write a resignation letter. You hear the fan also stop whenever the print stops. If I turn on verbose logging, there's nothing unusual there - it also stops and starts. How do I fix this?

Lance
Hello
I'm also relatively new to the subject but seems like you are running out of memory and that’s why process restarts
Petronius

Re: Stopping/starting mid-print

From what I have found out (I have the same problems with my X5SA pro latest edition 2020) the Chitu-firmware has an error - instead of replying "busy" to prevent an overflow in memory the fw ansers with "Wait" - or the other way around. This is an known issue, but their firmware developers have other things to do and do not want to be bothered with old problems.
I found a solution on the "octoprint" site, but for me this looks more complicated than I can comprehend. And I do not want to brick my motherboard....
If you want to try it - https://community.octoprint.org/t/i-can ... e-it/17481

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”