JPCarlin

Chamber temperature control for Creatbot F430

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Creatbot F430 for my office to be able to print some engineering polymers, namely pvdf if our case.

The specs on the filament don't call out any chamber temperature needed to be able to print it, but I figure a consistent air temperature around the part would give it the best chance at success.

I've looked through the Simplify3D settings, as well as the creatbot slicer settings trying to find a way to figure this out from the gcode, but cannot find how to set this temperature via gcode or how to set it in slicer settings.

I assume it is attached to a thermister (either T3, T4, or T5) but has anyone had any success with this?

Thanks
S3D-Jake

Re: Chamber temperature control for Creatbot F430

If CreatWare offers a toggle for this, you could quickly create a sample print file. It would then be just a matter of discerning which command is needed in order to control the chamber and how it expects the temperature value to be specified. I'd be happy to take a look if you want to attach a sample print file that shows the chamber's temperature being controlled.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
JPCarlin

After contacting creatbot they let me know that they have no way of controlling the chamber temperature via Gcode

It looks like before you start a print you just set your chamber temperature in the preheat settings and that temperature persists through the print

The print display on the printer certainly leaves something to be desired since it does not display any of the measured temperatures anywhere on the print screen
JPCarlin

Looks like this issue has been solved

After talking to Creatbot they nformed me the chamber temperature is not controllable via gcode. You set the temperature in the preheat section before starting the print and the temperature persists through the print.

The printing display on this printer leaves something to be desired. I would love if it gave the thermister readings on the print screen for the extruders heated bed and the chamber but it really only give progress on the print. I'm looking to purchase a digital thermometer I can leave somewhere out of the way in the chamber to read the temp inside of it though to at least get an idea
Richards999

You can control the heat chamber of the Creatbot f430 using this gcode
M6013 S70

This sets the heat chamber to 70C.

Thanks,

Simon.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”