Temennigru

Saving a profile with (modified) breaks S3D

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:03 am

I saved a profile with the name A350 (modified). Whenever I change the profile, S3D thinks that profile is called A350, and I am working on a modified version of it, and it gives me a prompt "do you want to save the changes to A350". If I click yes, it says it can't find the profile (because that is not its name).
I can't delete the profile because every time I change to it it thinks I'm modifying A350, not A350 (modified)

curious aardvark

Re: Saving a profile with (modified) breaks S3D

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:08 pm

I have the same thing.
But it's even worse.

If i try and update a profile I've changed, simplify3d just crashes.
The only way i can save a modified profile is to either export it as an fff file - or to save it as a totally new profile.

I've recently changed from windows 7 to windows 10.

where I changed from version 4.01 - which worked perfectly on windows 7 to version 4.12 - which initially, worked perfectly on windows 10.
I even imported my regsitry settings (profiles) from windows 7 and it still all worked perfectly.

For about a month.
It has now gone back to crashing whenever a profile update is attempted.

I tried uninstalling 4.12 and installed 4.0
Nothing changes.

I have not installed any windows updates since simplify 3d was installed (google Windows Update Blocker)
So I know it's not a windows issue.

It would seem to be the ridiculous way that simplify 3d stores the profiles in the registry and not an external file - like any sensible software.

Whether there is a size limit of what can be stored I don't know. But as I seem to be able to create as many new profiles as I like - that would seem not to be the case.

It's a problem that is work-roundable. Albeit an annoying one. particularly if you are working in a new printer - whenprogiles are changed and updated frequently.
Just can't figure out why 4.12 worked perfectly for a while and then reverted to it's original annoying self.

Any ideas ?
anyone :-)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”