Johnm

Layer printing slow at 0.6mm/s

Hello,
I installed a Zesty Nimble and a E3D v6 Gold Hotend. I just noticed something that I really need help with....
I sliced a Pumpkin design and I hit prepair to print. I thought my slow printing speed was a result of firmware setting. I just noticed in the simulation of the print. It shows different colors for different print speeds. The first 5 layers are printing at 140mm/s to 160mm/s, great speed. Then around layer 6-8 the print speed drops to .6mm/s. This is shown in the simulation and this corresponds to what is being observed on my printer. So what could be causing this issue? It does not seem to be a physical printer issue. It is either that something is wrong with my model or something in my slicer settings are the most likely cause. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

At 160mm/s My printer is printing really smooth.

John
parallyze

Re: Layer printing slow at 0.6mm/s

Johnm wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 pm The first 5 layers are printing at 140mm/s to 160mm/s, great speed. Then around layer 6-8 the print speed drops to .6mm/s. This is shown in the simulation and this corresponds to what is being observed on my printer. So what could be causing this issue?
A factory file and/or gcode preview might be helpful here...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”