senyac

Dual extrustion help

Hi I just got Simplify 3d a few days ago and am trying to learn the ropes
I printed objects with a single extruder without problems But now that I am trying to use 2 extruders I am having problems :(
I am trying to print with the right head and use HIPS in the left head ,
I am using a Makerbot replicator 2x
I have the Simpliying 3d software with the firmware config set to Makerbot/sailfish firmware ,
The model is a superhero model standing which needs support material
I have 1 process , both extruders set to ABS , left extruder set with supports turned on ,both extruders temp is 230c and build platform is set to 110c

selected profile is makerbot replicator 2x (Both extruders).

so I should be set to go .
I prepare print and go to preview mode , BUT if only previews the Support not the model ???? is this normal ?

go I send it to the printer and The printer only heats the right nozzle and tries to start a print
But it fails because the Build plate is cold !

Both the build plate and left nozzle are not being heated ? only the right nozzle is heated?

am I missing something?
I can get this to work with Makerware soft ware But it has a slicing error which leave a seam on everything I print and that's why I brought Simplify 3d
But so far Simplify 3d has been anything but simple lol

any help would be great thanks sen
TenKOhms

Re: Dual extrustion help

I was going to suggest making sure you're using the "Both Extruders" profile, but it seems like you already have that selected.

You should be able to see both the supports and actual model itself in the print previewer. Can you attach a factory file so users can take a look at your settings? You can save a factory file by going to File>Save Factory File, then you should be able to upload it as an attachment to a post in this thread.
senyac

Re: Dual extrustion help

I think it must be an error in the actual 3d model causing the problem :(
I tried a different model with dual color extrusion and both Heads and build plate heated fine and the print worked fine as well .
I also tried using HIPS with a different model and it sort of worked , every thing heated as it should and the print started using both heads , one with HIPS and one with ABS
only problem is now I cant seam to get the HIPS to stick to the build plate lol

Is there a trick to get HIPS to stick? I have BuildTak on my build plates and it works great with ABS and PLA but not so good with HIPS so far ,

thanks Senyac

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”