Jakubowski101

Infill Missing when set to 100%

Hello! First I want to start by saying thank you to this community. I have learned a tremendous amount about 3D printing from these group/thread. This is my first r post ever so please bare with me and thank you so much for answering my question. I am trying to print some threads using Simplify 3D. I am trying to print at 100% infill because this application needs an incredible amount of strength. One of the problems that I am facing with the print is where I need threads. For some reason I cannot get my slicing software to fill in the area behind the threads. Everything else fills perfectly which is really odd. Are there any settings in simplify 3D that I can change to fix it and prevent the occurrence? Thanks so much!

Image Link
https://ibb.co/KDjJqZd
S3D-Alex

Re: Infill Missing when set to 100%

It is tough to know for sure from just this screenshot but my guess is that your current Minimum Infill Length is set high enough that Simplify3D is unable to fit any infill in these small sections. I would suggest using a much smaller value here, possibly 0mm. If this does not solve the issue then please post a Factory File so we can offer some more specific advice.
Jakubowski101

Re: Infill Missing when set to 100%

It looks like it fixed it in the simulation. Now to a print :)
Thanks so much

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”