duncanRTFM

Printer stops for 4 seconds at the start and at the end of every line

Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:54 am

Hi,
This is brand new. I bought S3D because it figured it was the best option on the market, and have been SUPER happy with it so far. But I recently changed my nozzle to 0.8mm and (as far as I'm aware) did nothing else. Version 4.1.2

Now, every print exhibits the bizarre behavior of pausing for 4 seconds at the end of each line. And when it has to move to another section of the print, it then pauses for 4 seconds at the start of the new line also. The printer is completely unusable like this.

I tried slicing the same object in Slic3r and it prints with no pauses at all. Same success with Cura.

Anyone experience this?

I'm hoping for a resolution to this issue, because my printing life has suddenly gone on strike. I've checked the gcode and can't see any reason why these pauses might be occurring.

If you have any ideas, I'd be more than willing to listen. Do you need more info to make a judgement? Let me know.

Regards,
Duncan

parallyze

Re: Printer stops for 4 seconds at the start and at the end of every line

Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:05 pm

duncanRTFM wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:54 am
If you have any ideas, I'd be more than willing to listen. Do you need more info to make a judgement? Let me know.
A factory file (File -> Save Factory File as) would be helpful to check the settings. Or the same segments from a gcode file created with S3D vs. Cura. If other slicers gcode doesn't cause the pause while printing it should be easy to find.

Just a guess, but is "Relative extrusion distances" selected? If not there might be a G92 E0 following each retract which
in some cases can slow things down a bit (shouldn' t be anywhere close to 4 seconds, but who knows...).

Edit:
Oh... is it possible you just mixed up speeds in mm/min and mm/sec for the retraction speed?

If using a bowden with 3-4mm retraction distance and retraction speed at 60mm/min instead of 60mm/sec would
get pretty close to 3-4 seconds after each line...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”