Graidian

Gizmo and Profiles

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 am

So, I seem to have an issue with the "Always show full 3D transform gizmo" setting in the options. It's checked, but the gizmo doesn't show up. The only way to get it to appear is to go into the options any time I boot up the software, uncheck and recheck the box and then I will get it.

Also, I get that sorting profiles still isn't a thing...*grumble*...but I have read that some people export their profiles and then import them one at a time. Is that an option I'm not seeing, or are those users talking about manually writing down each setting, clearing the files and then adding new profiles one at a time and setting each setting individually?

Thanks!

S3D-Jake

Re: Gizmo and Profiles

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:26 am

The 3D Transform Gizmo should only be shown when you enter into one of the "Transform" modes. For instance, normal selection mode when "Always show full 3D transform gizmo" is selected will not display the full transform gizmo. Switch to Translate, Scale, or Rotate modes will display the gizmo.

(File > Export FFF Profile) allows you to export a single profile at a time.
(File > Import FFF Profile) allows you to import a single profile or multiple profiles at a time.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Graidian

Re: Gizmo and Profiles

Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm

I can't believe I missed the FFF import and export, but thank you for pointing that out for me.

As for the gizmo, yeah, I know it should only show up when using those tools, but it still won't by "default". If I go to "Tools -> Options" and click "Ok" without changing anything (as it is already selected in my options) then it will show up, but when I open S3D it will not automatically show without me taking that extra step.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”