Tommygunz

Perimeter Not Bonding

Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:10 pm

Happy holidays everyone! For weeks on end, I've been trying to fix this issue with my Duet Wifi AM8 printer. The issue is a gap between the two outer perimeters and the inner perimeter (3 outlines, refer to the first picture attached). The first two inner perimeters print just fine, but for some reason my printer slightly overshoots the third perimeter causing a gap. This gap propagates throughout the entire print causing the two perimeters to separate from the part. Initially, I thought this was a slicer issue. I adjusted almost every setting that I thought would contribute to the issue. I tried adjusting: the extrusion multiplier, the line width, # of outlines, overlap percentage, print speed , thin wall behavior, single extrusion. The only thing I found that worked is adjusting the position of the seam. However, this only worked for some prints. Picture provided had the seam located at X:220 Y:220. A more recent print with the same issue had the seam at X:0 Y:0. After doing some research, I thought it was a mechanical issue. I: adjusted the belt tightness, replaced the x axis motor, re-designed the x-axis carriage, replaced the nozzle, adjusted the x-axis idler puller, completely rebuilt the printer. After spending all this time trying to fix the issue, I am running out of ideas on what the issue could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_20201225_082842.jpg

S3D-Alex

Re: Perimeter Not Bonding

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:03 am

Could you please post a Factory File for this? It is odd that most of your part seems a bit over extruded but the gap here seems large.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”