joshmejia1

Save toolpaths to disk Qiditech x-pro

Hi folks,

New to simplify. I added a model into simplify3d, processed it, and used the save toolpaths to disk feature -- with the goal being to put the file on a USB drive and then to print it via my Qiditech x-pro's usb port. That said, when I open the file within my printers interface, I do not get a preview file. Also, the print itself never begins to preheat, print, or perform any type of process. I have tried this with a few models and with both dual and single extrusion and seemt o get the same result everytime -- my guess is though of course, that I am doing something wrong on my end.
Attachments
Shield logo simplify.gcode
(815.31 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
S3D-Jake

Re: Save toolpaths to disk Qiditech x-pro

Simplify3D's profile for this printer doesn't generate a preview image in the resulting G-Code. So I wouldn't expect that to be there.

On the other issues, have you reached out to our support team? I would suggest sharing your Qidi X-Pro firmware version number and the factory file for your print project in your initial email to expedite the processing of your ticket.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
dejudo

I have the same issue. The printer won't create a preview of the part, nor will it print if I try printing the gcode.

I can open the generated gcode in the Qidi provided slicer. When I Open in the slicer, there is a warner that there may be "unsupported gcode"

Not really sure what the next steps for troubleshooting are.
S3D-Alex

dejudo wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:14 pm I have the same issue. The printer won't create a preview of the part, nor will it print if I try printing the gcode.

I can open the generated gcode in the Qidi provided slicer. When I Open in the slicer, there is a warner that there may be "unsupported gcode"

Not really sure what the next steps for troubleshooting are.
Are you seeing the LCD update when you select the Simplify3D gcode file? You should see the Bed Target temperature update to the set temp and then the build plate will begin heating.
dejudo

The screen goes to the print screen, but is blank where I normally see the preview. I didn't notice if the printer had begun warming up the bed and printer nozzle. I will check that. Thank you.
dejudo

I tried printing the Simplify3D sliced code on my Qidi printer again. Even though there wasn't a part preview, I noticed the bed temperature started warming up when I hit print. I had to manually enter a code in for the nozzle to warm up, but everything printed fine without a preview.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”