creepyguybrush

Problems with printing large obhects using colorFabb XT-CF20

Dear All,

I am a newbie in 3D printing and I am not achieving the results I want :-).
I have a Creality CR-10 MAX printer and of course S3D as the slicer.

Currently I want to print some large flat parts for a RC plane - the parts are sized 280mm to 135mm and their base is 2.5mm thick...

The filament I use is colorFabb XT-CF20.

Attached pics 1 and 2 show the problems I have - the parts are simply unusable - they appear to have a open surface, the holes are uneven, there should be rings around the cut-outs...
When flipping over this part I was able to see that the surface which was on the printing bed was completely solid and closed - as I intended.

I made to small other parts on the same print - these were extremely brittle and I was able to snap off all structures on both of these parts easily.

So my question is: What did I do wrong here?

Some settings: Nozzle temp 260°, Bed temp 70° - FFF profile is attached.

*PLEAAAASE* help me!

THank you very much in advance!

BR and stay safe and healthy
Gerhard
Attachments
TM3D CR-10 MAX final.fff
(14.11 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
extra_s3d1-m.jpg
extra_s3d2-m.jpg
cvh

Re: Problems with printing large obhects using colorFabb XT-CF20

Now I'm no expert, certainly not with PETG, as I have never tried printing with it, but I have an idea what could be wrong.
According to the FFF, your extrusion width is 0,48, which I believe is too high, as it will create distance between the lines. Try adjusting it to 0,40 and see if that helps.
It also looks like your retraction distance/speed is a bit too low, as it creates the blobs and strings you can see in the holes.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”