Antediluvia

Makergear M3-ID will not respond to any commands.

Hello, I have recently purchased the M3-ID that includes your software. After installing S3D and importing a model (any model, literally does not matter which) the printer will not heat the bed or the extruders, and it will not respond to the bed leveling wizard or machine control jog settings. What am I supposed to do?
airscapes

Re: Makergear M3-ID will not respond to any commands.

been a long time since I used s3d to control a printer but don't you have to connect first? I really don't recall but there is a serial connection over USB so it has to initiate a connection at some point.
gwhite

There is a tool icon on the right of the screen (the gear) that will open up a control interface. It will show the connection status, and monitors all communications with the printer. You can also manually set the temperature, and use the "jog" option to move the bed around and extrude filament for loading & unloading.

I'd start there & make sure the software & printer are actually talking.

You may also want to ask in the MakerGear forum if you suspect it's a printer quirk rather than the slicer.
Antediluvia

Thanks you two for the replies. So the printer responds to no commands what so ever despite being physically connected to the printer through the USB cable. The communication tab shows periodic updates so they are definitely connected to eachother.
S3D-Jake

The M3-ID includes a separate embedded device to host a web browser accessible controller interface. Simplify3D doesn't currently allow for connections to Octoprint based solutions such as the one used in this device. Have you tried controlling the printer from its own hosted web browser interface?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
airscapes

I have the M2 with my own copy of opctoprint on a pi.. The work flow is slice with s3d, up load gcode to octoprint and print.. if i need to control the printer I use octoprint to do that.. Prior to using octoprint I had only s3d and it did not work reliably with a usb cable If you need to send gcode the terminal tab of octoprint is where you enter those.. Contact Makergear support, if you have not done so already.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”