sstarek

Simplify freezing

Hello,

My Simplify v.4.1.2 is freezing when I trie to "Prepare to Print!"

It is stopping at the bar and does not load. I have to close the program and open it several times until it slices and sometimes it crashes when I'm going to save the Gcode I'm forced to close and open it again.

He keeps thinking and doesn't get out of that "Generating support structures..." or on the finish "Finished parsing G-Code file" bar

I've even tried to uninstall and install the program again and even so it still has this error.
Attachments
Captura de tela 2021-06-02 152504.jpg
sstarek

Re: Simplify freezing

I'm using windows 10 - 64 bits.
gwhite

I have not had this problem, and I run W10 64 bit as well.

I seem to recall other posts that mentioned issues with their graphics systems. You might check to see if your graphics card is running the latest drivers. You can also search the forum for any posts from users with the same graphics hardware.
dkightley

To expand on the last answer, issues that have caused freezing:

Bad stl file........try different stls, and run these two through a repair utility if you can slice other stls

Non-supported characters in the stl or profile names......rename using basic alphabet.

Corruption in profile........delete profile & recover from backup or an old factory file

WIndoes update to graphics driver causing issue with compatibility with your hardware...........restore previous driver, or load new driver from graphics card supplier.

These and more can be found by searching the forum
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
sstarek

gwhite wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 am I have not had this problem, and I run W10 64 bit as well.

I seem to recall other posts that mentioned issues with their graphics systems. You might check to see if your graphics card is running the latest drivers. You can also search the forum for any posts from users with the same graphics hardware.
It´s not my graphics card, I'm using a Nvidea Quadro and running solidworks without problem.

Dos someone know how to make a clean step up? Every time I trie to unistal and install all configs are back.
sstarek

dkightley wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 am To expand on the last answer, issues that have caused freezing:

Bad stl file........try different stls, and run these two through a repair utility if you can slice other stls

Non-supported characters in the stl or profile names......rename using basic alphabet.

Corruption in profile........delete profile & recover from backup or an old factory file

WIndoes update to graphics driver causing issue with compatibility with your hardware...........restore previous driver, or load new driver from graphics card supplier.

These and more can be found by searching the forum

I trie diferents (alot) stl files and same.

Just now I trie to use other profile and test, same think, sometimes frozen when "slicing 3D models" sometimes on save gcode...

The program don't frozen, I can turn the work pice, edit process settings, etc. But the bar "loading" is frozen. I can't even click cancel.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”