PacManPlus

Re: Help please. Settings for JG Maker Artist-D Pro

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm still in the process of tweaking the values for this 3D printer (now I'm just trying to get the settings correct for switching extruders to not get a blob when it starts with the new one).

I will post it here when I have it.

Bob
PacManPlus

Ok.

I give up.

For the life of me, I can't get any settings to work with this damn 3D printer. I've been working on this for a good solid 2 months. Either one extruder doesn't purge enough when starting and the other does too much, or vice-versa.
I'm pretty much done using this printer until Simplify3D comes out with their own driver for it (if they ever do).

I've tried using the 'Tool Change Retraction' settings in the 'Other' tab, I've tried handling it from within the gcode, and even a combination of the two. Nothing works as it should...

I'm ready to toss this printer out the window. BTW, this is 3D printer # 3. There won't be a # 4.
PacManPlus

I do want to try one more thing before I actually give up completely.
Hopefully someone can answer this:

The one main thing I can't figure out is why, when switching extruders, the 'new' extruder goes to the last place the 'old' one was, extrudes out a little filament, *then* goes back to its 'home' (like I tell it in the gcode) and extrudes filament like I ask it to.

Both sides do this, and I can't find where this setting/gcode command is to stop it from happening.

Just to reiterate, when it's time to switch colors/extruders, this is what happens:
1) The 'old' extruder lifts up, and moves back to its home.
2) The 'new' extruder now moves to the last place the 'old' extruder was, and lets out a little filament <- This is what I can't find
3)The 'new' extruder moves back to its home, and extrudes a bit of filament to replace any that may have oozed out while idle
4) The 'glob' of filament that the 'new' extruder left where the 'old' filament left off causes an issue with the rest of the print.

This happens for either extruder when switching.

I have included the .FFF file here. Please, if someone can help here, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Robert
Attachments
JGMaker.fff
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
joesoap583

PacManPlus wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:48 pm his one comes with CURA which I *really* don't like using. I've become so used to Simplify3D and I enjoy using it. But alas, there is no custom driver for it in Simplify3D.
Creating the Simplify3D profile using Cura is easy.

1) Load a 3D model into Cura
2) Load the Cura profile into Cura
3) Sliice the model and save gcode file.
4) Fire up Simplify3D.
5) From the File menu import profile - load the gcode file created in step 3.

Siimpliify3D will suck the profile from the gcode file and create a new template.
n
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”