PacManPlus

Help please. Settings for JG Maker Artist-D Pro

I purchased this printer via Amazon because it had the features I wanted and had good reviews (other than the two bad reviews that have been added since I purchased the unit): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YN ... UTF8&psc=1

This will be my third 3D printer I've purchased in as many years.

This one comes with CURA which I *really* don't like using. I've become so used to Simplify3D and I enjoy using it. But alas, there is no custom driver for it in Simplify3D. They told me to use the "Formbot T-Rex 2" profile and adjust the build volume, which I did. But unfortunately I've been tweaking it ever since.

My latest issue is filament 'missing' from the corners of the first layer (picture attached). I've also (after this picture was taken) reduced the Extrusion Multiplier a bit (you can see the blobs in the pic as well).

Does anyone know why this is happening? This is PLA filament, the extruder is at 220°C, and the heated bed is at 70°C.
The purple circled areas are what I am talking about:
20210707_164250.jpg
Once I get this right, I will post the .FFF file here for anyone else who plans on getting this machine.
S3D-Jake

Re: Help please. Settings for JG Maker Artist-D Pro

Have you let the print continue? Does it continue to have issues where the infill is meeting the perimeter? https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... d-outline/

If it's only on the first layer, this can help you with perfecting your first layer on this new printer. https://www.simplify3d.com/support/arti ... rst-layer/

The T-Rex2 has a retraction length of 1mm and retraction speed of 1800. These are some settings I would look at fine tuning after you get your first layer dialed in.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
PacManPlus

I have let it continue (I need to print this part out).

What's funny, is that the top of the print (still the first layer) looks great:
20210707_181510.jpg
You can see where the original picture was taken in the lower-right corner.
It's a two color print, and the part that is currently blank will be silver.

Leveling the bed was VERY difficult as the corners were always lower than the middle no matter what I did.

Here are my settings:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182041.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182007.jpg
PacManPlus

More screen shots:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182128.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182114.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182100.jpg
PacManPlus

More screen shots:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182239.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182225.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182210.jpg
PacManPlus

Next three:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182330.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182312.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182300.jpg
PacManPlus

Finally, this one.

I'm sorry about the screenshots, but I've been tweaking this for about a month now, and I'm losing my mind. :(
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-07 182342.jpg
S3D-Jake

With a bed that out of alignment my first bet would always be to replace the bed. Otherwise you're going to keep having issues with areas near the middle being too squished and areas near the edges being more how you want them to be. Or if you level it according to the very middle, you'll have the middle how you want it to look and then the closer you get to the edges the more likely your parts are to become too spaced out or not adhere properly at all.

15mm retractions at 1800 mm/min is going to cause the toolhead to be stationary during a standard retraction for quite a while. This can lead to blobs being deposited onto your part while the extruder is hovering there. Have you not seen issues with this?

Just to make things easier for others to come here an offer their advise you may want to upload your FFF profile rather than screenshots of every tab from the edit settings window.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
PacManPlus

Thank you.

I understand about the warped build plate issue, it's just that every time I get a new build plate like this one I just got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0863 ... UTF8&psc=1

the coating rips off with the printed part after only one or two prints... and that's with PLA. :( For some reason the one in the pictures in my prior posts has not ripped the coating after many, many prints. Of course it doesn't have the manufacturer on it so I can't order the exact same one :(

Anyway, I will look for another build plate (if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears), and I will try your suggestions about the settings.
Oh, and thank you for the tip about posting the .FFF file instead of screenshots; I never even thought of that. :oops:

Thank you SOOOO much!
Robert
dkightley

An even better way of getting information over to anyone who might be able to help is not attaching a FFF file....but a Factory file.

A factory file containd EVERYTHING someone might want to recreate, diagnose....everything!

If you're having problems printing.....simply save to factory file, attach to the post. Then, anyone wanting to help can download your factory file....load into their own copy of S3D...and will see exactly what you see in your copy of S3D....your model, and all your settings. No fiddling with screenshots of settings, etc

Factory file......useful for saving an archive of what you;ve printed. Save a factory file every time you print something. Then, months later when you want to re-print...simply load the factory file and print! No messing about!!!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”