mchahn

[FIXED] hi-dpi problem in windows 11

The s3d window in windows 11 has no scaling so everything is too tiny too read. There are two property settings that make it usable but they are both unacceptable.

1) Set High-DPI override at the application level in Simplify3D.exe properties. This fixes the application area nicely but the window frame is not fixed so the window name, close button, etc. are all tiny and unreadable.

2) Set High-DPI override at the system level. This makes everything large (too large) and everything is very low-dpi and fuzzy.
tcamps

Re: hi-dpi problem in windows 11

Setting "High DPI scaling override" to "System (Enhanced)" fixes the scaling, though things are still blurry

Original scaling made it practically unusable out of the box, disappointing first impression for such expensive software
Instrumentation

To be fair, interface scaling has been a damn nightmare since Windows 10 at least. I can't even get consistent font behavior in Outlook and system dialogs like "Save As..."

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/advanced ... i-settings
Good luck.
zemlin

I run 4K screens on my laptop. The only time I have scaling issues is if I have the application open when I dock to my desktop screens. Both the laptop and desktop displays are 4K.
avitebskiy

How is this still a problem with Simplify3D 5? Having to use "Compatibility Settings" for software released at the end of 2022 just seems "wrong". Is there any word when/if this is going to be fixed?
Last edited by avitebskiy on Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
S3D-Jason

I know the team is already looking into it, so we hope to have a fix soon. It does seem like the issue only shows up with specific high DPI monitors and scaling settings. Can you share the resolution of your monitor, the screen size (i.e. 24 inch), and what Windows text scaling size you are currently using?
S3D-Jason

Version 5.0.1 was just released this week, which contained some improvements specifically for high DPI displays. We have been testing it on 2K and 4K screens and it looks much better now compared to V5.0.0.

See all the other changes here:
https://www.simplify3d.com/products/sim ... ase-notes/
mixdup

Re: [FIXED] hi-dpi problem in windows 11

I just upgraded from v4 to v5.0.1 and this scaling issue still persists. In my case the S3D window needs to be re-maximised or docked every time I switch between the preparation & slicing interfaces. The bottom section of the interface is not accessible. If I apply "override - system enhanced" high DPI settings in Windows 11 the interface layout is fixed & remains persistent but is fuzzy in appearance. See screen shots.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-13 133223.png
Screenshot 2023-05-13 133134.png
Screenshot 2023-05-13 133119.png
S3D-Jason

Re: [FIXED] hi-dpi problem in windows 11

I would recommend creating a new post as the issue described in this thread was already fixed in a past release. The original problem was that text was being displayed extremely small on 2K and 4K displays, but that no longer happens with Version 5.0.1 and above.

It looks like you might be seeing something different where the window is too BIG, so it definitely sounds like a different issue. Please create a new thread and also try out the latest 5.1.0 release to see if that improves things.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”