winky

Windows 10 UPDATE S3D stopped working

Hallo, and good day
today i updated (well actually did itself) windowss10 and from then S3D stopped working. At lounch pop up a security allert message that this software cant work ask producer.
Is there a new version or a fix?
thasnk you
S3D-Mitch

Re: Windows 10 UPDATE S3D stopped working

Could you attach a screenshot of the error you are receiving?
gwhite

winky wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:03 am Hallo, and good day
today i updated (well actually did itself) windowss10 and from then S3D stopped working. At lounch pop up a security allert message that this software cant work ask producer.
Is there a new version or a fix?
thasnk you
My S3D still works after yesterdays Micro$oft update, but it killed my 3D CAD package (Fusion 360) until I did a full re-install... For some reason the update blew away a DLL that Fusion requires.
dagno

Hello
I have the same problem but my S3D does not start again and I don't have any error message, inside the task manger the S3D task have cpu usage 0%.
S3D-Mitch

dagno wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:25 pm Hello
I have the same problem but my S3D does not start again and I don't have any error message, inside the task manger the S3D task have cpu usage 0%.
Please try opening Windows Explorer and navigating to the following directory:

C:/Users/%USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Simplify3D/S3D-Software

You may need to enable hidden folders to access this directory. Once there, please try deleting the savedState.factory file, then opening Simplify3D again.

Sometimes when Windows updates, it makes changes to this file, causing it to not be openable by Simplify3D, so when you launch Simplify3D and it tries to open the file, it crashes out.
Bad-M

Hi all, i tried that solution, does not work, have anyone another idea?

Regards
Marco
winky

Sadly I cannot post a screen shot as i uninstalled the windows security update to be able to work.
This morning i installed a newer cumulative win update and it is not doing issues yet.
As soon as (and if) it will intall again that security update I will post the requested screen shot.
Cheers

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”