Stringbean781

Support settings messed up?

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but I have been using Simplify3D with my creality printers and absolutely love it. Hoping for an update(cough add gyroid cough soon after having it for almost a year :roll: . I am curious about my support settings. I would like to know if there are some settings wrong on my end that will help automate the process and get "reasonable/achievable" supports when I go to slice. What happens so many times, is a support that is for the outer lip of a piece, but the support is only a single line width. As long as 15mm all the way down to 1mm. When the supports get taller, this just won't happen on my printer with PETG. The support becomes too flexible or breaks free from the bed. I have fixed this in the past by manually adding supports, but the software should be able to automate this portion correctly as Prusa and Cura do. I presume my settings are wrong, so I attached them below. Thanks for any help!

On a side note, I am curious about the perimeter infills shown in the sliced graphics window(Screenshot 2_LI) . There tends to be what looks like large gaps between perimeter layers. Not sure if this is a graphic illusion from the shading, I deviation from the actual printed line thickness, or possibly a setting parameter.
Attachments
Simplify3D Screenshot 1_LI.jpg
Simplify3D Screenshot 2_LI.jpg
Simplify3D Screenshot 3.JPG
Stringbean781

Re: Support settings messed up?

I figured out my support settings. I increase the support infill percentage and added more material for the supports. (smh)
airscapes

Re: Support settings messed up?

you may want to try reducing the support resolution to give you more than one tower try 1mm or 2 mm . Also add a couple of base layers. Also you do not need lower separation unless you have supports printed surface and those number are layers.. so I assume you layer height is .1 or something other wise your supports would not be working well at all . In other words a separation of 2 means leave 2 layers of space before you print what you are trying to support.. that would normally sage for me using a layer height of .3 or more..

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”