jeffweiss2131

S3D Not responding

All of a sudden, I cannot get S3D to run. I get a white screen with S3D not responding and an hourglass. I uninstalled it and installed a brand new version and the same thing. White screen not responding, hourglass.

I have a new very powerful gaming pc with 128 gigs of ram that should be able to run ten instances at a time. Everything else works perfectly on the machine.

How do I get S3D to work again?
Chaosmann

Re: S3D Not responding

I've the same problem on my three monitor setup.
If I have before closed the program on my left screen (middle is main screen; screen connection order 2-1-4).
When I the deactivate the left screen (No. 2) and start the program it's working again.

Regards
Daniel
S3D-Jake

Some files may need to be requested from you that shouldn't be posted publicly. For more detailed graphics related troubleshooting please contact our support team.

https://www.simplify3d.com/contact
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
tmegowan

I found this in another thread and it works for me. Apparently it is an issue with Multi Screen, Nvidia, and Windows 10 and effects other programs. Hopefully this will help.

"I'm experiencing the same issue and also made a post about it.
I usually fix the application startup issue deleting this exact key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\MainWindow" which looks to contain some file history information of some sort.
This way your profiles will be untouched and you don't have to waste time to reconfigure the entire program, which i did like a couple of times..."

Tony Megowan
ATCS Retired
Under New Management See Spouse
Tony Megowan
ATCS Retired
Under New Management See Spouse
JPoirier

For anyone having this issue in v5, (specifically on launch) it can be caused by launching the application on another monitor. In fact PrusaSlicer has the exact same issue. I only found out because I got feed up with Simplify3D due to the issue and went to PrusaSlicer. At least PrusaSlicer provides a warning to the issue and a known conflict with ASUS' Sonic Studio which is known to cause the issue with multiple monitors.

If you are like me, you can try uninstalling ASUS' Sonic Studio. Or ensure focus is on your primary monitor when launching. You can also open the exe location and make sure the file explorer window is within your primary monitor when launching the exe.

PrusaSlicer GitHub Issue:
https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/5573

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”