Earsmith

Wont print.

The only objects that will engage the printer are the demo objects on the SD card. Cant get any gcode made with Creator to print from SD card or computer. It sees the object in the communication window and does nothing. Also controlling the heated bed is erratic, will recheck connections on Rambo. Click on set temp and does not respond most of the time. Any ideas or suggestions would help. DL the latest version as of today. Thanks for any help.
dalew8abz
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA (4 mi. from MakerGear HQ!)

Re: Wont print.

Earsmith,

Clayton from S3D can help you better than I can... but I was looking through the comms log (in your post on the Features list) and it looks to me like it's waiting for the temperatures to stabilize, and it will keep waiting because the bed is not coming up to temperature. Looks like it's at room temperature (25-ish) and not anywhere near setpoint (70). The extruder temperature looks like it's coming down from an overshoot toward the its setpoint temperature (190). You can see this in the reply lines that have "194.1/190" and "25.4/70" in them. The M104 (extruder temp setpoint) and M140 (bed setpoint) commands are getting through, but the bed's not heating.

Check the connection of the power supply that has only two wires to the RAMBo board and make sure it hasn't pulled loose. This power supply provides the power to heat the bed. It takes some pretty serious current to heat the bed and hold it above room temperature. If the connector has pulled out, push it in securely. If it's loose, the connection can have a higher resistance and cause heating of the connector. Some people have actually damaged the power supply connector and the RAMBo board connector for this power supply --- melted the plastic and corroded the pins to the point of requiring replacement. Make sure that BOTH power supply connections are tight and there's no tension or any torque that would serve to pull them loose while printing.

Dale
sir-mike

I agree with dalew8abz, your bed is to cold. The reason that the demos work is simple they got no temp setting for the bed.
But I wonder why your Extruder temp. is even up so high it should heat up after the bed reached the temp.
Did you preheat the Extruder?

Mike
Earsmith

Thanks guys, will try after this post.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”