luisito

Head stays at home position forever !!!

Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:35 pm

The extruder heats up, the head moves to the home position.
Then, I see on the Machine Control Panel 'Communication' window that the software is sending a lot of XYZ commands in rapid sequence.
However, the printer head stays at the home position!!!
The printing task ends and the head has not moved a bit from his home position! Of course, nothing prints.

FYI, the printer works nicely when using Printerface plus Slic3r.

habloIngles

Re: Head stays at home position forever !!!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 am

check to see at the beginning if there is a line sent from your printer to s3d saying it has reached max temp and has stopped itself, fix errors and send in M999 or soemthing like that. Sometimes firmware have their temperature ceilings (max temp printer can reach before it shuts itself down for safety reasons) set a bit low and if the PID (how the firmware responds to overshooting) values are poor the printer can really go above target temp before it comes back down properly. A good check for this would be to start a print and keep the temperature tab of the Machine Control Panel open and see if there's a large overshooting of the target temp (dashed red line)

luisito

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:23 am

The printer has an LCD and I can see the temperature 230 which is precisely the one I set in the profile. So it looks right.

JoeJ

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Post some of the communication log. Go to Tools > Machine Control Panel, click on the Communication tab, and copy the text out. Should be pretty easy to see what the printer is busy doing from that

3dp911

Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 am

I had this problem with a powerspec 3d pro heated bed.
The fix for me is to turn the heated bed on. It prints immediately after doing so.
You can turn it right off if its not needed.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”