Ola

Can not use left extruder as primary extruder

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:05 pm

S3d ignores my attempts to print using the left extruder as the primary one, it just goes on using the right. Is there any workaround for this?

Using a Replicator 2x

nevarore

Re: Can not use left extruder as primary extruder

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Did you try to suppress right extruder in your process ?

laird

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Ola wrote:S3d ignores my attempts to print using the left extruder as the primary one, it just goes on using the right. Is there any workaround for this?

Using a Replicator 2x
I print using the left extruder quite often. The easiest way is to start with a profile that does that, such as Makerbot Replicator (Left Extruder).

Or you can use the Makerbot Replicator (Both Extruders) profile, and change the profile settings to use the left extruder everywhere:
- On the "Layer" tab, Primary Extruder is set to Left Extruder (in the pull-down list)
- On the "Additions" tab, Skirt Extruder and Raft Extruder are set to Left Extruder.
- On the "Infill" tab, Infill Extruder is set to Left Extruder.
- On the "Support" tab, Support Extruder is set to Left Extruder.
- On the "Temperature" tab, make sure that you have set a temperature for the left extruder.

If you miss any of these, part of the printing will try to use the right extruder, or won't heat the left extruder.

Ostojo

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:35 pm

Make sure you have the correct tool assigned under the "extruder" tab. One will be T0, (your primary) and the other T1 (your secondary).

Ola

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:10 pm

My bad.
Didnt pay attention to some of the settings , and also the left extruder was not purged and started by printing air... :?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”