Retroplayer

Simplify3D Tech support?

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Is the Simplify3D team relying on users to troubleshoot each other's problems? I would expect this from free open-source software, but for $150 software?

There are pages and pages of requests for help in this section and half aren't even responded to at all, and none are responded to by Simplify3D.

Simplify3D, get your act together!! We paid for this software, you just created a new release that is causing problems for people. THIS is the time you are supposed to be doubling up support.

AK_Eric

Re: Simplify3D Tech support?

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Agree on the forum replies (would be nice to see more activity from them there), but I should note when I contact them directly they're always very responsive.
Bots:
Makerbot Replicator 2x / Sailfish on Mightyboard
Custom C-Bot / RepRap Firmware on RADDS
Custom Tevo Little Monster / RepRap Firmware on Duet

JoeJ

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Read the sticky topic. They have a very responsive support team, just contact them directly.
http://www.forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=264

jimc

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:21 pm

it would be nice to have them respond here BUT this is a user forum for users to help users. its not s3d support. if you need support then you send an email to support.

Joao

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 pm

jimc wrote:it would be nice to have them respond here BUT this is a user forum for users to help users. its not s3d support. if you need support then you send an email to support.
This is not a user's forum. It was created and it is hosted by Simplify3D, so it would be expected that they would follow the forum also.

I know that it is almost impossible for a small company to track and respond to this amount of messages, I've been there.
Thats why I already suggest them to use some other services rather than the forum for those requests and problems.

Lets see if they act because this software with that bit of extra customer support could make them leap to another level and dominate the printer market.

Retroplayer

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 am

I did read the sticky and I did send them an email. That is not my point at all. It's not just about 'my' problem. It is problems many people are having. Many of the same problems.

We are the customers. Companies don't get to demand how customers will interact with them; not if they want to survive. The customers demand how the company will interact with them. It is our money and our business they want. And if people are coming here posting about issues they are having with their product, I expect them to at least swing by once in a while and reply in the forums. If we all simply emailed only, how would we know of problems that other people are having with the software? How is answering the same question to 50 email address better than posting in the forum where 50 people can find the answer without needing to email at all? If I were a potential buyer, and looked into the forums first, wouldn't the company want me to see timely support for issues? I hesitated for months to buy the program without a demo or trial version because I was concerned that it would not run properly on my system or with my machine, and then what? A company not responding to support questions means a company that doesn't really care after you hand them the money. In fact, the lack of a trial version made me very wary about this software.

The price for Simplify3D is not a "shareware" price. $150 is not a small chunk of change to many people when there are plenty of free slicers out there. And if their software is not working and they are not getting any help, what do you think they are going to tell others about the software in other forums? At that point, what does it really matter whether or not the read the sticky? The damage is done.

Put simply, if the customers are coming here to look for help, THIS is where their support needs to be, plain and simple. If they don't they will lose customers.

mdlucca

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 am

Retroplayer wrote:I did read the sticky and I did send them an email. That is not my point at all. It's not just about 'my' problem. It is problems many people are having. Many of the same problems.

We are the customers. Companies don't get to demand how customers will interact with them; not if they want to survive. The customers demand how the company will interact with them. It is our money and our business they want. And if people are coming here posting about issues they are having with their product, I expect them to at least swing by once in a while and reply in the forums. If we all simply emailed only, how would we know of problems that other people are having with the software? How is answering the same question to 50 email address better than posting in the forum where 50 people can find the answer without needing to email at all? If I were a potential buyer, and looked into the forums first, wouldn't the company want me to see timely support for issues? I hesitated for months to buy the program without a demo or trial version because I was concerned that it would not run properly on my system or with my machine, and then what? A company not responding to support questions means a company that doesn't really care after you hand them the money. In fact, the lack of a trial version made me very wary about this software.

The price for Simplify3D is not a "shareware" price. $150 is not a small chunk of change to many people when there are plenty of free slicers out there. And if their software is not working and they are not getting any help, what do you think they are going to tell others about the software in other forums? At that point, what does it really matter whether or not the read the sticky? The damage is done.

Put simply, if the customers are coming here to look for help, THIS is where their support needs to be, plain and simple. If they don't they will lose customers.
I totally agree!
One of the 2 printers I own is a Zortrax and they have their own slicer and a forum just like this. You can get support emailing them directly but they are also very active on their forum and willing to help the users whom, like it's been said, often times face the same problems.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”