horst.w

Support ist looking across the object

Hi at all,

I have a problem with manuell support, what ist looking through the object. Unfortunately it is print out like it looks by preview.

I took the pictures in re-proceeding the bad print. The object is drawn with VIA-CAD and controlled by https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/

Horst,GER

HintererTraeger.jpg
HintererTraeger.jpg (11.56 KiB) Viewed 6684 times
support.jpg
support.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 6684 times
Print.JPG
dsegel

Re: Support ist looking across the object

I see that occasionally as well. Usually I get around it by moving the support or changing the size of the support. It's definitely a bug.
horst.w

There is another dubious problem occured.

Trying the print in a turned position so that the holder-tube ist standing upright, the preview shows the hollow construction filled up just to the top. The print is now running but I have seen that it prints like shown.
The construction with VIA CAD ist only a ring pull up as the tube wall and there is no doubt about that the object is hollow.

The factory-files for this print is attached.

Regards
Horst, GER
PreviewNotHollow.jpg
ObjectHollow.jpg
ObjectHollow.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
Note:
With CURA the fault does'nt appear.

H.
Attachments
TubeNotHollow.factory
(22.91 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
jimc

horst, in the advanced tab uncheck "merge all outlines into a solid model"
horst.w

BINGO! ... for the 2nd problem so I can print now on this position.

Thanks

Horst

Note: this option has only effects in the upright position but not in horizontal direction; thats right so ???
jimc

I have seen that before where the support hoes through a wall. It doesnt happen often, 1 out if a hundred, and i dont really know the cause. Just a strange glitch i guess. Try to use manual support and maybe reduce pillar size and delete the ones giving you trouble.
horst.w

Hi JimC,
that is the manuell support and it comes every time in a characteristic angle of 45 up to nearly 90°, related to my selfmade object.

But you are right, it doesn't appear when the pillar is narrower than 4 mm. With 1,2 and 3 mm nothing happens. But the print of such small support-pillars is really difficult.
Using manuell 3.5 mm pillar it appears only near by 90°.
Using the automatical support I have never seen it. But using 5 mm and changing from 45° to an angle of 30° by cklicking the button "Apply based ... " has also effects.

H.
jimc

The support pillar resolution wont have any effect on how the support is printed. It just affect how detailed the grid is so the support can be activated on more intricate models. Turn the resolution to 2mm then add 1mm inflation distance. With that the whole underside should just about be covered in the preview
horst.w

Thanks for your help,

I should like to understand it (technical), but the proof of the pudding is in the eating :mrgreen:

Best regards
Horst, GER
Lateralg

dsegel wrote:I see that occasionally as well. Usually I get around it by moving the support or changing the size of the support. It's definitely a bug.
How do you change the size of the support? Also: can you help me with the following issues?

I need help setting the following support parameters:

1) Support pillar extrusion width. (This may be an option I don't recognize)

2) Density of support pillars. (I suspect this has to do with "Support Pillar Resolution", which has a tool tip of "Determines the resolution used for support material calculation") BTW: What is "Support Pillar Resolution?" Is it pillar density ... the number of pillars/square mm? And, what is a pillar?

3) "Support infill percentage" Purportedly adjusts the spacing between support material webbing. How does "support material webbing" differ from "support pillar"?

It's probably more direct for me to ask the following:
A) Support Pillar Resolution: How does the printed support for a high setting compare with that of a low setting?

B) Support infill Percentage :
How does the printed support for a high setting compare with that of a low setting?

C) What is value of "Dense Support Layer"?

I welcome any advice on the application of these settings.
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”