ajm

Retract problem

I'm having an odd problem with retracts. I am using a Mendel Max 2. I have not had this problem with some other print, but I have only used creator for some simpler prints.

I have attached the gcode. Early in the print the files will print some circles. It then tried to perform a retract to move the head, and instead of a slight retract it pulls a hard retract, I can't tell how much, but it looks like at least 10 mm.

I'm no expert with gcode. I re-sliced the file with slicer and it printed fine. I don't know if it matters, but I am printing from an SD card.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
blackbottom.gcode
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 340 times
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Retract problem

Can you post the STL file that you used to create this G-Code? Or better yet, if you go to File > Save Factory File As, the .factory file it produces will include the STL, placement information, support, FFF settings, basically everything we need to re-create exactly what you were doing.

If you can post the files, I'll be happy to investigate the issue for you
ajm

It took me a while to figure this out. I did not have the same fff from last night, and my print worked when I re-sliced it today, but I remembered I was trying the ARC detection with radial arc compensation turned on last night. When I changed that parameter, the problem reappeared.

Here is a quick video I shot. This is really early in the print. It's working on the second circle. The tape is on the filament so you can see the movement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqFqZv7P6Q

Thanks for looking at this.
Attachments
problem.factory
(22.55 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
problem.gcode
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
Simplify3D
Site Admin

After a few hours of digging I was able to find out what was causing this. It will be fixed in version 1.1.3.

Thanks for the report!
ajm

no problem, I'm glad to help.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”